Caring for your Jewellery
Daily wear and tear can dull the brilliance of gemstones and precious metals. Roma Jewellers can restore jewellery to its former glory. We recommend bringing in your jewellery twice a year for cleaning, polishing, checking and potential re-setting. Our expert jewellers will ensure your jewellery is secure and looks sparkling new! Read more about our post-sale services by clicking the “Our Skills” tab.
Your Roma Jewellery on a Day-to-Day Basis
Your Roma Jewellery deserves the very best care and attention. Whether you wear your jewellery every day or only on special occasions we have great tips for you to preserve your jewellery in between check ups.
- Always remove jewellery when washing your hands or face and especially when using perfume or beauty products.
- Keep jewellery away from household detergents.
- Mercury containing products, such as Mercurochrome, cause significant damage to gold.
Some Precautionary Measures
Always check the following before putting on your jewellery:
- that the clasp is not loose.
- that the stones are firmly set.
If you have any doubt, rather bring your jewellery in to be checked by a Roma Jeweller.
Maintaining your Roma jewellery in good condition
- Clean your jewellery regularly.
- If your jewellery contains pearls, turquoises or emeralds or a large cluster of precious stones rather entrust cleaning to qualified Roma consultant.
- If you wish to carry out cleaning yourself you can softly scrub the jewellery with a soft small brush in lukewarm soapy water, rinse it in lukewarm water and wipe it with a soft cloth.
Storing your Roma Jewellery
Jewellery can scratch other pieces of jewellery when stored together. Roma Jewellers recommend that you store all pieces individually in their own separate case given to you at the time of purchase.
All necklace and bracelet chains should be clasped and laid flat to avoid knots forming.